Thursday, December 1, 2011

TAKE A GRATITUDE CHALLENGE - Part 1

I was reading the December 2011 copy of the Ensign and I came across an interesting exercise for youth and I thought I would try it myself.

Let's not just talk about counting our blessings--let's do it! Write a list of 100 things you are thankful for. If that sounds like it is too many, try this:

Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for:
1. I can walk the 55 blocks to work
2. I can type
3. I can hold a firearm steady enough to be a better than average shot
4. I have eyes that can see…even with the wrong glasses on
5. My heart continues to beat
6. My ears can hear the voices of my family, friends and nature
7. I can drive a car
8. I can ride a bicycle
9. I can climb a tree
10. I can sing

Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for:
1. My house
2. The food in my fridge and cupboards
3. My guns
4. My car
5. My M&M collection
6. My Dutch ovens
7. My tools
8. My son’s Legos
9. My wedding ring
10. My scriptures

Write 10 living people you are grateful for:
1. My wife, Jeanine
2. My daughter, Steph
3. My daughter, Robin
4. My son, Ben
5. My son, Brian
6. My mom
7. My dad
8. My brother
9. My sister
10. My mother-in-law

Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for:
1. Jesus Christ
2. My father-in-law
3. My paternal grandfather
4. My paternal grandmother
5. My maternal grandfather
6. My maternal grandmother
7. Christopher Columbus
8. George Washington
9. Spencer W. Kimball
10. Gordon B. Hinckley

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment